If you are planning to run a chicken feed processing plant and want to get some tips to make your feed pellet processing factory more effecient, or your very first poultry feed mill is about to put into production and need some get started quickly, ABC Machinery can always help you! Here is an article about chicken feed processing.
Pelletized Chicken Feed Processing Plant
Small Chicken Feed Processing Unit for 1-2 ton/h Production Line
The primary reason to prefer pelletized feed is, it ensure the adequate intake of nutrients for the chick. These days, peletted feeds are the most preferred feeds for the poultry animals. While pelletized feed production, all the ingredients are grounded and mixed together in a machine to form a specific feed requirement and desired combination of nutrients. (HOT SALE Small Poultry Feed Plant >>)
Pelletized feed is the best feed choice of the chickens!
Why Choose Feed Pellets Rather Than Mash Feed?
When compared with using mash feed, the followings are some advantages of feeding your chicken wit feed pellets produced by chicken feed pellet machine :
- Nutritional Composition: It consists of the proper and required proportion of the nutrients and ensures that the chicken receives the desired nutrients in adequate amount.
- Improve Performance: Ensuring balanced diet of the chicken, it improves the bird performance and lessens the wastage of feed.
- Feed Safety: As the process included high temperature, it ensures, no bacteria gets pass on to the chicken through the feed. The food is sterilized in the process.
Main Grain Used in Manufacturing Feed for Poultry
Making Chicken Feed Pellets
Grain is the main raw material for the ingerdients of animal feed pellets including poultry feed and cattle feed. For corn feed mill plant, corn is included as one of the ingredients in the feed. In most feed pellet plant around the world, corn is a common ingredient in the chicken feed, Australia being an exception. In Australia, fewer areas have the suitable conditions to grow corn; hence the corn feeds are produced really less in Australia. Corn fed chickens tends to have a slight yellow skin color. Due to the less availability of corn, it is usually replaced by wheat and sorghum in the chicken feeds in Australia. Grains used in the chicken feeds largely depend on its local availability. Maybe you are also interested in fish feed production and the related machines.
Recent News: 5 ton/h Feed Processing Plant for Cow Feed
Make a Proper Chicken Feed Processing Plan
During the growing days, chickens require proper nutrition and that's the reason there should be a proper chicken feed plans for them. Now talking about the chicken feed composition , it differs in the egg-producing chickens (layer) and meat producing chickens (broiler). The feed should contain a properly balanced nutritional ratio that will prevent slow growth and leg problems in the chicken. The feed production team needs to analyze the requirements of the chicken to prepare a proper feed for them.
Setup a Small Chicken Feed Processing Mill
Making high quality chicken feed from scratch is never an easy task. Though a proper feed is prepared from 85% -90% of cereal grains, it cannot be completely made of grains. The feed must include soybean meal, salt and concentrated vitamins and minerals as well. The different nutritional needs and the levels of growth have a direct effect on the chicken feed production. (Related Post: 1 ton/h Small Chicken Feed Plant Project Report >>)
Tips for Broiler Chicken Feed Processing Plant
With the increase in demand of the poultry feed consumption, chicken feed production too has become a very important aspect to be focused on. Now coming to the different kind of feeds:
Nutritional Requirements of Growing Broiler Chicken Feed
Requirement of any of the following nutrient is relative to the other nutrients there are few factors that need to be considered before expressing the need of a certain nutrient. Quantity of one nutrient depends on the quantity of the other. For example, the percentage of calcium, phosphorus and sodium are interdependent.
- Proteins: In the dietary requirements of chicken soyabean meal, canola meal and meat and bone meal constitute of the protein majorly. The daily crude protein intake is always kept least in the feed, for it provides an adequate amount of essential amino acids in the chicken diet.
- Amino Acids: The growth rate of the chicken depends on the percentage of Amino acid in the chicken feed. An adequate amount of amino acid is required to ensure rapid growth of the chicken and for a successful, meat chicken feed program.
- Minerals: The quantity of minerals in the feed not only depends on the requirement, but it majorly depends on the bioavailability of the mineral sources. For different sources the concentration of minerals differs. For example, there is a difference in the bioavailability of zinc in zinc sulphate and zinc oxide.
- Vitamins: It is said that the vitamin requirements of chicken reduces with the growing age. Though there's no concrete argument to prove it. Vegetable oils or animal fats are the optional ingredients to be included in the diet to provide additional energy.
Composition of Typical Broiler Feed
The composition of the chicken feed varies with the varied growing stages of the chicken. The feed producers usually have a 3 stage feeding program, depending on which the feed changes as the chicken grow. It basically has the: Starter feed, Grower feed and the Finisher feed. Some of them have also introduced a withdrawal feed just before the harvest. Compared to all the other feeds, the finisher feed has the lowest composition of protein and higher in energy.